1.Complete the sentences with the appropiate verb tense
- He usually
a suit to work.
- At the moment I
The Client by J. Grisham.
to Helena’s party on Friday? I don’t know, I don’t like parties.
- What does your wife do? She
- The phone always rings when I
to the cinema last night.
such a bad film!
John since September.
- My brother and his girlfriend
for thirteen years.
- When I was a child I
how to ride a bike.
2. Past simple, past continuous or past perfect? Complete the passage.
My daughter (get) married in 1991 when she (be) twenty-nine years old.
She (meet) her husband while she (study) Spanish at University in London.
Her husband, Pepe, (just/finish) a Master in Translation Studies and (do) his final project. She tells me it (be) love at first sight. After my daughter (finish) her studies, they (spend) a year travelling around Europe.
3. Choose the correct answer
She is very attractive. She's got
He needs change
a phone call.
his exams if he studies hard.
"I don't have any money", John told me.
John told me that he
Guglielmo Marconi invented the radio in 1901.
by Guglielmo Marconi in 1901.
“ How is your English?” “It’s
If I were you, I
buy a flat in that part of the city.
hate vegetables but she likes them now.
to Galicia on Holidays this summer.
of my colleagues can speak English well.
I’ll tell him as soon as he
city I've ever seen.
study German next year. I haven’t decided yet.
When I was a child, my parents never
me go to discos.
Children find it easy
What is she
4. Choose one of the following titles and write a composition (100-120 words)
- -Men and women are trated equally nowadays in every aspect
- -It was a day I’ll never forget